As we wrap up 2014, we complete our “subscriber-requested” three part China series with an indepth overview of the China healthcare market.
Robbin Zhao, MCI China’s senior director association management & consulting in Shanghai, presents an assessment of the current situation in China and the opportunities and challenges for US healthcare associations to develop a successful and sustained entry strategy.
Prior to joining MCI, Robbin was with the China International Exchange & Promotion Association For Medical and Health Care as Project Director responsible for international CME program development and implementation. He worked closely with senior management of pharmaceutical companies and key opinion leaders in designing educational programs encompassing diabetes, oncology and more through collaboration with international societies and associations. Robbin’s healthcare experience includes EMD China Scientific Communication where he gleaned rich experience on copyrights, operations and global exchange project management.
China’s healthcare sector continues to grow at an amazing rate. Its healthcare
spending is projected to grow from $357 billion in 2011 to $1 trillion in 2020. Across key categories,
from pharmaceuticals to medical devices and consumer health, China remains one of the world’s
most attractive markets, and is by far the fastest-growing of all the large emerging markets.
This two part video presentation will cover the following topics requested by the readers of GrowGlobally blog:
Part 1 (12 minutes) Click here to play
- Overview of Healthcare Market Drivers and Its Trends
- Industry Growth Statistics
- Specialties in Demand
- Current 5 Year Plan Trends & Goals
- CME Education Overview and Differences in China
Part 2 (13 minutes) Click here to play
- Overview of Distinct Clinician Populations and Their Needs
- Healthcare Industry Stakeholder Map -Government, Hospitals, Industry Partners, etc
- Realities of Building Business Relations with Chinese
- Potential Commercial Opportunities & Building Locally Relevant Services
- Market Entry Considerations
If you have questions or wi, please post them here, or contact Robbin Zhao at email@example.com.